MAKING YOUR MARRIAGE WORK!
Making your marriage work is a life-long process because various challenges present themselves throughout the years requiring you to adapt to new situations and alternate ways of thinking.
Your wedding day is but a distant memory and the honeymoon stage is somewhat waning. What you’re left with now is simply ‘love and marriage’!
Here are some ideas on how to endear yourself to the one you love to help make your marriage work:
10 ways to help keep love alive in marriage!
- Be playful and flirtatious with your mate to let him know that you still find him attractive, sexy and desirable.
- Every so often on his day off, pamper him with a soothing massage, then hand him the remote to watch TV undisturbed for the rest of the day.
- Set aside some time for both of you to do something together that you know he’ll love (book a fishing or golf weekend, etc.).
- At the dinner table, ask him about his day, then discuss topics that are of interest to him.
- Be generous with your praise. Let him know that you admire all that he is and how much you appreciate all that he does for you.
- When you’re out shopping, buy him a little something to show that you’re thinking of him even if it’s only a magazine, or his favorite nut-filled chocolate bar.
- Thank him each time he does something thoughtful for you, then smile and say ‘I love you too’!
- Cater to his palette. Ask him what he feels like eating, then prepare it, or hand him your cookbook that features his favorite types of food and have him choose a new recipe for you to try.
- At home, keep your fridge and pantry stocked with goodies and ready-to-eat snacks and drinks for those evenings in front of the TV.
- Surprise him occasionally by doing something he would ordinarily do himself. He’ll appreciate having one less thing to think about.
Learn to look ‘the other way’!
For peace and harmony in marriage, refrain from over-reacting to trivial matters. Learn to look ‘the other way’ when things are not important. Remember, too, that no matter what twists and turns life dishes out, you’ll get through them one day at a time, just as you’ve done many, many times before!
LIFE LESSON: LOVE, IMAGINATION AND A GENUINE EFFORT ON YOUR PART WILL HELP KEEP LOVE ALIVE IN YOUR MARRIAGE!